Saturday, April 25, 2015

BIG NEWS!

Papa Runner and I are thrilled to announce we are expecting a baby due Thanksgiving Day! This was not an easy decision after five complicated pregnancies, two losses, four preemies, two IUGR babies, and two brushes with death. My Grandma said what I'm sure everyone is thinking (including us), "With all the problems you've had? Hope it goes okay!" Yeah, me, too. Love you, Grandma!

But I always wanted a big family, and I hated that preeclampsia was, I felt, taking that decision away from me. It took a lot of thought and prayer to get to this point, but we're ready and excited. I'm doing everything in my power to have a healthy pregnancy. I'm currently in the best shape of my life, I eat very clean, my autoimmune disorder is in remission thanks to a low inflammation Paleo diet, and I take folate for my MTHFR mutation. I know I can do everything right and still get sick, but I've got a great team of doctors looking after me if that happens. Even so, the more people praying the better, so if you're someone who keeps a list of prayer requests, please add Mama Runner and Baby to that list. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment