Saturday, December 7, 2013

Catch Up Post 1: Race Report

This poor blog has gotten a bit neglected. I wanted to post a race report for my October race, only to realize I never did one for my April race! And I also wanted to update about my summer training, a couple more bra reviews, and being studied. I'll probably have a flurry of posts, and then nothing for months again. ;)

So without further ado, here's my (short) report. On April 26, I ran the Illinois Christie Clinic Half Marathon for the third year in a row. After focusing on endurance for the Goofy Challenge in January, I'd slacked off on speed a lot. In the months between, I worked on building my speed back up and was hopeful of setting a PR. Unfortunately, I tripped on the stairs a few days before this race and badly bruised two toes. It was a minor setback, though, and I was still able to run.

This year, my awesome Papa Runner stayed home with the kids and let me go with my sister, A. My dad was also running, so A and Mom went around together to see us in several places. It was fun seeing them in the crowd. I ended up finishing with a time of 2:49:08, my (at the time) second best finish despite my injury. In fact my three best times (at the time) all came at this race. I love the course! Next April, I hope to do a full there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment